Genealogy HUD 1.05 Release Notes
Here is a list of the changes implemented in this version:
- The About() local command was added to display a getting started notecard.
- The Private() local command was added to control sharing of the Surname List.
- The Repeat() local command was removed.
- The Results() local command was added to repost the last remote command results.
- The Settings() local command was added to show the various options and their values
- The Stealth() local command was added to control whether other SL residents can see that you're wearing the HUD.
- The GO(*) local commands were replaced by Jump().
- The Backup()/Restore() commands now handle both settings and the surname list.
- The Jump() remote command was added to locate/teleport to any genealogy area in SL. Returns a clickable SLURL. Example, Jump("Just") or Go Just
- The Verify() remote command was removed.
- The Version() command was modified to also request the remote version.
- The GO macro was added to simplify Jump().
- The N* macro was added to allow an easy way to issue a search() on your surnames.
- This version will automatically issue a restore() when you attach it for the first time.
About the Stealth/Private settings: I am working on functions that will allow the HUD to periodically poll
to see if anyone within chat range is wearing the HUD, and if so, issue a request to compare surname
lists. These settings will allow you to control whether you wish to participate in this feature.